With Father’s Day fast approaching, it made me realize how little thought I usually put into my dad’s presents every year. A book, a tie, a watch, simple things. Not usually stuff that I think about for a while. But after I did my Mother’s Day post, I realized dads are just as important and need to feel as such.
Now thankfully, my dad is incredibly simple to shop for. Old Navy is his spot and I’m the one who recently introduced him to places like Express Men and Roots. So here’s a list to nudge you in the right direction in case you’re stuck on ideas…or you just don’t want to give him the standard gift card as I sometimes do.
If your dad is…
- A Man After God’s Own Heart by Jim George (this book got a 3.79 rating on Goodreads)
- Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper (this one got a 4.1 rating)
2. The Strong, Silent type
This guy needs a heartfelt present that’s going to crack his tough exterior to basically make him cry.
- D.I.Y. Beer coasters (or water coasters if he’s not a drinker)
- Personalized Mug
- 52 things I love about you (this one is super cute)
3. A Workout Junkie
- boxing gloves
- rock-climbing session
4. The Adventurous Type
- take him to a shooting range
- get him some flying lessons
- go on a hike together (with food at the end obviously)
5. A New Dad
- D.I.Y. handprint art from the babies
- What a Difference a Daddy Makes by Dr. Kevin Leman (this one is for dads of little girls)
- First Time Dad by John Fuller
Also check out my Pinterest Board for more Father’s Day Gift Ideas.
And here you have it! The best list I could come up with for presents for Father’s Day. If you found it helpful, don’t forget to comment and follow! Have a beautiful day.