I’m not sure about anyone else, but one of my biggest fears is to leave my house and smell like B.O. Ever since I was younger and started to go through puberty and sweat became a real thing in my life, every time I lifted my arms I was reminded that I needed to start wearing deodorant. Along with multiple reminders from my mom saying, “You sweat like a man”.
I’ve learned to remember to pile on the deodorant before I leave my house, but along with that comes my very expensive habit of buying perfumes. Here’s a list of my favourites and what the internet says they’re supposed to smell like. I personally just smell sweet, fruity or musky. My scent description skills are not that epic.
1. Love, Love, Love Fine Mist Fragrance from Bath and Body Works: the notes are said to be white plum, pink peony and vanilla musk. I would describe it as fruity and floral, but more floral. I may be wrong, but I think this one is discontinued as well. Unfortunately.
2. Acqua di Gioia from Giorgio Armani: the notes are said to be jasmin, peony and pink pepper (whatever that is). I would describe it as citrus-y and fresh. And yes, I only have a mini version of it because I got it in a set of mini’s from the drugstore. I would most likely wear this on a fancy date (if I ever go on one).
3. Sheer Romance by La Senza. This one is discontinued! So is every other scent that I love from La Senza, just my luck. The notes are said to be pink lotus blossom, dewberry and vanilla. I would describe it as sweet and floral and I mostly wear it when I’m running out the door and need something to spritz on while speeding down the stairs.
4. DKNY Be Delicious: the notes are said to be violet leaf, magnolia, apple (surprise, surprise) and grapefruit. I would just describe it as a fresh and super fruity smell that I would wear on a warm spring day. It reminds me of when I first started wearing perfume. So this has a bit of sentimental value and it doesn’t hurt that it smells great.
5. Prada Candy Florale: the notes are said to be peony, musk, caramel, honey and limoncello sorbet. I’m not sure what limoncello sorbet is, but it sounds delicious. This one is a new find that I fell in love with after smelling almost every single feminine scent in the drugstore. I put it on even now when it’s still winter. I’m silently hoping it doesn’t run out before it hits summertime because I’ll really enjoy it then too. I would describe it as fresh and floral and musky.
6. Such a Flirt by Victoria’s Secret: the notes are said to be starfruit and orchid and I would describe it as fruity and sweet. I spray this on almost every single day after I apply my shea butter to my skin. It’s kind of like my base scent for any perfume I’ll put on. Even when I’m sitting at home and working on my blog, I’ll spray a little bit and smell myself for a pick me up throughout the day. Haha.
That’s all for today. Leave me comment on whether or not you liked the post and don’t forget to follow!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11